- Try not to pee yourself in excitement as you wait in eager anticipation for “bonding day” otherwise known as the Due Date. It can be terribly exciting and also frustrating because you have no control over when this will be. Think of it as a surprise party…that you know about.
- On the day of birth, Mother will remove baby from packaging. Baby has been shrink wrapped in his packaging for almost 10 months. It may be difficult to extricate him, so just wait patiently. These things take time. Also, understand that your partner will probably want first dibs. Allow her to feed baby first.
- When she finally hands baby over to you, place baby near face and sniff deeply. The aroma of a newborn’s head contains pheromones that will open up receptors in your brain that will cause you to fall head-over-heels in love.
- Delight in the juiciness of those cheeks and those toes- such tasty little morsels. Eat them up!
- When you are done sniffing and nibbling, save what is left of the delicious nugget for later by placing naked baby on your naked chest while you both pass out. When you wake up, sniff, nibble, snuggle, sleep and repeat. (You may need to return baby to mother to feed occasionally.)
By repeating the sniff, nibble, snuggle, sleep routine you are sure to cause a cascade of dilerium inducing hormones to flood your endocrine system rendering you helplessly & hopelessly bonded and in love.
if you need guidance in additional ways for dads, grandparents or other family members to bond with baby, please contact me.